The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) has approved the Postal Service’s planned 2019 rate change for its Market Dominant Products. This once per year rate increase is regulated by Congress and must meet certain regulatory requirements before it can be approved. Having met all requirements, the changes proposed may take effect as planned.
These new rates will go into effect on Sunday, January 27, 2019.
Some of the items that we noticed – besides the 5 cent jump in the First-Class Stamp to $.55 are:
- Price for metering only jumps from $.47 to $.50. That will be a difference of $.05 for stamp vs. meter
- USPS Marketing Mail, which only received $1.00/thousand for Full Service Mail, will now get $3.00/thousand.
- The additional ounce & nonmachinable rate goes from $.21 to $.15
- The 1-ounce rate for a Flat piece remains at $1.00
- The discount for shipping to NDC and SCF has also changed:
NDC .024/piece .022/piece
SCF .031/piece .028/piece
Click below to see the changes coming with the 2019 USPS rate increase.